Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2023/24
Pupil Premium Letter
Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2022/23
St Mary's Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2021-2022
St Mary's Pupil Premium Statement 20-21
St. Mary's Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2019-2020
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The Pupil Premium at St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
The Pupil Premium is extra funding of up to £1,320 to support your child’s education. At St Mary’s we use the extra funding to provide pupils with fair and equal opportunities so that they achieve well in all areas of the school.
How we use Pupil Premium funds at St Mary’s
Our aim is to provide first class education to develop and fulfil the potential of all pupils in our care, and the faith development of our pupils is of paramount importance.
At St Mary’s we:-
- Enable each child to develop a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith, promote respect for religious and moral values and tolerance of other races and religions
- Foster the growth of each child’s potential through the development of respect for self and others
- Promote the individual talents and abilities of pupils to ensure that each child fulfils his or her full potential.
- Promote an understanding and care of the environment in which each child finds him or herself.
- Promote a close and co-operative relationship between home, parish and school.
In the school community we live by the motto:-
SEQUERE MARIAM IN FIDE
Follow Mary in Faith
At St Mary’s we are passionate about the educational and personal development of your child. Pupil Premium funds are used to help the pupils in many ways including academic and non-academic areas. A financial plan lists the different ways in which funds are used in school. This is used to help with attendance and progress of our pupils.
• Progress and Attendance
All school staff help the progress and support of Pupil Premium pupils. They work closely with the Bursar to help with excellent attendance at school, as attendance is strongly linked with academic progress.
• Progress of all Pupil Premium pupils, especially in English and Maths
This includes support staff, small group support, intervention opportunities, booster sessions and educational equipment. Teaching Assistants help with pupil progress alongside the first class teaching in our school.
• Pupil Wellbeing
Funding with uniform, breakfast provision, transport to and from school and stationery, where needed, so that the individual needs of our pupils are met.
• School Educational Visits and Retreats.
This will make sure that pupils have access to opportunities to help their educational and personal development. This also includes sporting and musical opportunities as well as support with the annual residential visit in Key Stage 2.
• Aspiration and Opportunities
Funding to provide advice for Pupil Premium pupils so that they can make good choices about their futures. This also helps pupils to aspire to fulfil their potential to use their God given gifts and talents.
Our financial plan for the year ahead is available on the website and an evaluation of the impact on standards within our school for pupil premium children from 2017/18.
Pupil Premium Outcomes
This year Pupil Premium pupils have achieved positive results in their statutory Year 6 SATs (July 2018).
• 100 % of Pupil Premium pupils achieved age related expectations in English, Maths and Writing.
Who can get the Pupil Premium Funds?
Pupils can get the Pupil Premium if certain criteria are met.
•Free School Meals Children- children who get, or have had, free school meals in of any the last six years
•Looked after Children in the care of the local authority
•Children who are no longer looked after by the local authority due to adoption, guardianship or residence order
• Service children- children who get the service child premium in any of the previous 4 years as well as those recorded as a service child for the first time this year.
Can your child get the Pupil Premium?
If you think that you may be entitled to receive the Pupil Premium for your child please contact Miss Beeston in the school office. She will provide you with a form to complete as well as guidance on the completion of the form.
Please contact the Head Teacher about Pupil Premium.
They will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about how our school can best support your child.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information and for working with us to best support the education of your child.